Get Ready For Rides & Strides with the Giro Di Rockland Training Series!
Get ready to support our partners, Montefiore | Nyack Hospital Foundation and prepare for the Oct. 23 Rides & Strides event! This Giro Di Rockland series will take us through most of the county as we glide along familiar roads and iconic segments. By the end of the Giro, you'll be able to ride any of the Rides & Strides courses with confidence and strong legs!
The Giro Di Rockland is open and achievable for all cyclists. We'll run 3 Stages each with 2 route options (harder & easier). The stages are designed to become more challenging as time goes on, so you can 'find your legs' and prepare for Rides & Strides.
The routes are self-supported with GPS routing & cue sheets available through Ride With GPS (see below links). Rockland Bicycling Club will have course marshals on each ride to assist riders.
- Stage 1 - September 17th, 08:30am will begin mid-county and get us ready for later, more challenging stages. We'll cover some rolling hills and scenic flats while we keep the elevation below 2000ft
- Stage 2 - Postponed until Oct. 8 October 1st, 08:30am takes on the iconic mid-level climbs of South Mountain Rd in New City as well as the Bradley Climb from Blauvelt to Nyack
- Stage 3 - October 15th, 09:00am takes us to Bear Mtn. 1 week before Rides & Strides. You can choose to climb Perkins Rd. if you're feeling strong. After the ride, we'll hang-out at Playa Cancun to celebrate the finish of the Giro Series.
RWGPS Route Collection for ALL rides: Click Here For Route Colection
- ALL rides must wear a helmet
- ALL RBC NON-MEMBERS must sign a liability waiver. CLICK HERE TO SIGN WAIVER
- ALL rides must obey and follow all NYS traffic laws
- Rockland Bicycling Club has gone green! Riders must have route downloaded to thier GPS device prior to the ride! No cue sheets will be handed out.